As an affiliate, I may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
TV manufacturers have come up with some innovative TVs in recent years, but as incredible as they are, they can get quite expensive. If you’re looking for a quality TV without spending too much, consider checking out some of the best dumb TVs on the market.
What are dumb TVs? These are TVs that don’t have any built-in smart features. In this article, we’ll look at the best dumb TVs money can buy.
The Best Dumb or Non-Smart TVs
While most TVs on the market today have some sort of smart functionality, plenty of people prefer to have a dumb TV without any over-the-top features. This is especially the case if you don’t want fancy equipment or you don’t have a smartphone. Here are our top picks of the best dumb TVs available:
1. Sceptre 50” 4K UHD Ultra Slim LED TV
The Sceptre 50″ 4K UHD Ultra Slim LED TV is an excellent choice for those looking for a TV that is affordable and has the best features. This TV has a sleek design, and it is very slim. It also has an ultra-slim bezel which makes it look even more elegant.
The screen size of this TV is 50 inches, and it has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. This means that you will be able to enjoy your favorite movies in 4K UHD quality.
The Komodo Sceptre 50″ 4K UHD Ultra Slim LED TV also has two HDMI ports, one USB port, and one composite video input port. The DTS SRS TruSurround HD and Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation (MEMC) 120 tech makes it an excellent choice for those who want to enjoy their favorite movies or shows in high definition with superior quality sound.
2. LG Electronics 24-Inch 720p LED TV
The LG 24 LED TV is one of LG Electronics’ best entry-level dumb TVs. This is because it has many features of higher-end models but comes at a very reasonable price. The 1080p resolution means that you’ll be able to watch programs and movies in HD, resulting in crisper images and smoother graphics.
The 120Hz Motion Rate reduces image blur, so you can enjoy sports broadcasts, films, or video games without experiencing any problems. You can bring Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime Video, and more to your dumb screen with this LED TV. LG’s handy magic remote lets you switch between inputs and apps. This TV is an affordable addition to any living room setup.
3. Samsung QBR Series 65” 4K LED TV
Meet Samsung’s new line of televisions designed with minimalism in mind. The QBR Series is not only Wi-Fi-enabled but is also compatible with Amazon’s Alexa – allowing you to control your TV using voice commands. Some of its best features include:
- Slim bezel design: The Samsung QBR Series boasts a beautifully slim bezel, giving you an immersive widescreen viewing experience. Available in 65 and 75 models, these new series can enhance your living room with sleek elegance and performance.
- Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR): On select models, HDR allows for precise, lifelike pictures with brighter whites and deeper blacks—ideal for watching high-definition content from streaming sources like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video.
- Invisible ConnectionTM Cable: Enjoy an entirely wire-free home theater setup using Samsung’s Invisible ConnectionTM cable to stream 4K HDR content from your Blu-ray player or other compatible devices to your TV.
4. Sceptre UTV 55” 4K Ultra-HDTV
The Sceptre UTV 55″ 4K Ultra-HDTV is an excellent choice for those looking for a TV with a large screen and who are on a budget. It has many features that make it stand out from the competition:
- 4K Ultra-HD Resolution: This technology offers outstanding clarity and detail that showcases every scene of your favorite shows and movies with lifelike realism. Sceptre works hard to provide a quality product for an affordable price.
- UHD Up-Scaling Engine: This feature lets you enjoy any content—even lower-resolution sources like DVDs, cable TV, and gaming consoles—in 4K quality on your UHD display.
- 60Hz Native Panel Refresh Rate: Frequent screen updates ensure excellent motion clarity during fast-action scenes while also eliminating motion blur that can cause unwanted distraction or fatigue.
5. Samsung BE55T-H 55” Pro TV
The Samsung BE55T-H 55″ Pro TV is the best dumb TV on the market right now. It offers excellent picture quality, a wide range of ports, and a sleek design. The innovative TV features are minimal, but that’s not really what this TV is for.
The Samsung BE55T-H 55 Inch Pro TV can also upscale lower-resolution content to near-4K quality, making it the perfect choice for watching movies, streaming shows, or playing video games. This product also has a 120Hz refresh rate and supports HDR10+, making it the ideal choice for serious gamers and movie enthusiasts.
6. Supersonic 24” LED Widescreen HD TV
The Supersonic 24″ LED Widescreen HD TV is a high-quality product that offers a great viewing experience. This TV is perfect for anyone looking for a quality picture and sound at an affordable price. The LED screen provides a clear, bright image. The Dolby Digital sound system ensures that you hear every detail in your favorite shows and movies.
This TV also features a built-in digital tuner, allowing you to watch your favorite digital channels without additional equipment. With three HDMI inputs, you can easily connect all of your devices and enjoy your favorite content on one screen.
7. Proscan 40-Inch Full HD LED TV
The Proscan 40-Inch Full HD LED TV is a top-of-the-line product that offers many features for an affordable price. The television has a full high definition screen with 1920×1080 resolution for stunning picture quality. It also has a 120Hz refresh rate for smooth motion playback and an 8ms response time for minimal motion blur.
The Proscan 40-Inch Full HD LED TV is equipped with a built-in digital tuner that allows you to watch digital broadcasts without a cable box. It also has a 2-year warranty, which is great for peace of mind. This TV has a slim design that will look great in any space, and it’s lightweight so it’s easy to maneuver around.
8. Sansui ES24Z1 24 inch LED TV
The Sansui ES24Z1 24-inch LED TV is a 720p HDTV that delivers clear, bright images for an enjoyable home entertainment experience. The TV’s 30,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio ensures that dark scenes are rich and detailed, while its 2 HDMI ports provide an easy way to connect your external devices. The built-in digital tuner allows you to enjoy free over-the-air HD programming, and the TV’s slim design makes it a great choice for any room in your home.
Are Dumb (Non-Smart) TVs Worth Buying?
There is no doubt that smart TVs are the future and most of the television manufacturers are now making smart TVs. However, there are still a large number of dumb TVs being bought every year. So, the question is, are dumb TVs worth buying in this age of smart TVs?
Well, there are a few reasons why you might want to buy a dumb TV:
- Dumb (non smart) TVs are cheaper than smart TVs.
- Not everyone needs or wants a smart TV. Some people just want a basic TV to watch their favorite shows and movies on.
- Dumb TVs don’t require any extra hardware or software, meaning that you can just plug them in and start watching.
Where Can I Find a Second-Hand Non-Smart TV?
There are a few different places you can find a used non-smart TV. One option is to search online classified ads websites, such as Craigslist. Another option is to go to a local electronics store or pawn shop. You can also try searching for used TVs on online marketplaces, such as eBay, Amazon, or Facebook Marketplace.
This article has listed the top 10 best dumb TVs. While these TVs may not have all the bells and whistles of a Smart TV, they are still an excellent option for those who want a quality television without spending a lot of money. If you are in the market for a new TV, be sure to check out this list.