As an affiliate, I may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is an amazing tool for streaming media, playing music, and installing apps on your TV and your other devices. However, setting up Bluetooth speakers with an Amazon Fire TV stick can sometimes be slightly difficult.
Here’s how to use Bluetooth speakers with an Amazon Fire TV Stick:
- Set your Bluetooth speaker to pairing mode.
- Locate the Fire TV’s settings.
- Click “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices.”
- Select your speaker from the list of “Discovered Devices.”
- Enjoy the experience with your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
This article is a step-by-step guideline on how to connect your Bluetooth Speaker with your Amazon Fire TV Stick. If you wish to connect speakers to your Fire TV Stick and create a sound that fills the entire room, keep reading.
1. Set Your Bluetooth Speaker to Pairing Mode
You must enable the Bluetooth connectivity feature of your speaker before it can be connected to the Fire TV Stick. There are several ways to do so, but for most speakers, you just need to press and hold the speaker’s power button.
Other Bluetooth speakers have designated buttons that place them in their pairing modes.
If you’re still confused about how you should activate your speaker’s pairing mode, consult its instructions manual.
If you haven’t purchased a Bluetooth speaker yet, or you’re looking for new and better models to replace an existing one, here are the top five Bluetooth speakers I recommend:
- JBL Flip 4
- JBL Charge 4
- Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2
- Sonos Move
The Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 is by far my favorite on this list. While any of these options will serve you well over different audio ranges, I particularly like the level of Bass that comes through on the Wonderboom 2.
The Bose Soundlink 2 is a close second choice, as it produces high-quality audio that sounds good in a variety of genres. However, for its size, a lot of people might be turned off by the price.
2. Locate the Fire TV’s Settings
Your TV and your Fire TV Stick need to be turned on for this next step. Once this is done, connect the Fire TV Stick to your television and wait for a pop-up to appear on its screen. You’ll need to use the Fire TV Stick’s remote to locate the Settings Menu.
If the remote has been misplaced, lost, or stolen, you can use the Amazon Fire TV Remote app. Simply log in to the app and explore your TV from your smartphone.
3. Click “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices”
Once you’ve located the Settings menu, search for “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices.” Click on it, and you’ll be directed to another page. On the new page, find “Other Bluetooth Devices” and select that option. You should find your Bluetooth Speaker here.
The next thing to do is pair your Bluetooth Speaker to the Fire TV.
4. Select Your Speaker From the List of “Discovered Devices”
You’ll see a list of “Discovered Devices” that the Fire TV has picked up on your Fire TV. Sometimes, the list might include just a single device, such as your Bluetooth Speaker. If that doesn’t happen and multiple devices are displayed, select your Bluetooth Speaker to be connected from that list.
Usually, a Bluetooth Speaker’s display name could be an acronym or a combination of its manufacturer’s name and the device’s number.
Once the Bluetooth Speaker is selected from the list, listen for a speaker’s notification sound. The sound signals a successful pairing between the speaker and the TV. A pop-up that shows that the Bluetooth speaker is connected should also appear on the TV’s screen.
If you can’t find your Bluetooth Speaker, it could result from one or more errors that may have occurred while connecting both devices.
Here are some ways to rectify those errors:
- Restart your Bluetooth Speaker. The Fire TV Stick will still scan for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Confirm that your Bluetooth Speaker is ready to pair. You can read the instructions manual again to ensure the speaker’s pairing mode has been properly activated.
- Clear your speaker’s pairing history. This solution works if the speaker is already connected to another device. Also, some Bluetooth speakers have an allocated number of pairing slots, but if that number is used up, you’ll need to clear the speaker’s pairing history before connecting it to another device.
- Ensure that your speaker is charged. You can connect your Bluetooth speaker to a power source or a power bank to see if it has any battery life. Some Bluetooth Speakers have weak batteries, while others can be used for hours before they need to be recharged.
- Restart the connection. Then enjoy your experience.
5. Enjoy the Experience With Your Amazon Fire TV Stick
Now that both your Bluetooth Speaker and your Amazon Fire TV Stick have been connected, exit the Settings page and use the Fire TV Stick as normal. The only difference this time is that the audio of your media comes from the connected Bluetooth Speaker.
What if you’ve connected a Bluetooth Speaker to your Amazon Fire TV Stick, and it isn’t enough? You might also want to produce a louder sound that fills the entire room. Do this by creating copies of the audio signals to be heard at different places.
It isn’t as difficult as it sounds. All you need are two or more Bluetooth speakers and a Bluetooth Transmitter or Receiver that accepts connection from two or more Bluetooth devices.
- Connect the Bluetooth Transmitter or Receiver to your TV’s audio port. The audio signal comes from your television’s audio control and not from your Fire TV Stick. Simply connect the Transmitter’s auxiliary cable to your TV’s audio port.
- Read the Bluetooth Transmitter’s instructions manual on setting up a connection with multiple Bluetooth Speakers. Follow the step-by-step instructions provided in the manual.
Here’s a list of Bluetooth transmitters that have proven to be quite functional:
- ZIIDOO Transmitter and Receiver
- BESIGN Bluetooth Transmitter
- TROND Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver
- Avantree Bluetooth Transmitter
I’ve talked about connecting a single Bluetooth speaker and multiple Bluetooth speakers to your Fire TV Stick, but what about connecting your Fire TV Stick to Bluetooth Headphones?
Your headphones block out noise and other audio disturbances, greatly improving your experience, especially if there’s ambient noise.
- Turn on your Bluetooth Headphones. Your Bluetooth headphones need to be powered on before they can be connected to any other device.
- Connect your TV and your Amazon Fire TV Stick. Input your Amazon Fire TV Stick into your TV and wait for a pop-up to appear.
- Locate the Settings menu and connect your Bluetooth Headphones. Once the pop-up appears, explore the page and find the option for Settings. Click on it to customize the settings of the Bluetooth connection. Select “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices” and click on “Other Bluetooth Devices.” Out of the list of Bluetooth devices displayed, select your Bluetooth headphones.
Without a doubt, the Amazon Fire TV Stick is an outstanding media streaming device. To get the most of your TV Stick, you can connect it to one or more multiple devices. If you follow the steps listed above, you’ll be able to set up a home-theater experience wherever you are.